Today I turn the big 3-0! I wanted to celebrate some self care and keep it simple today! I am going to post my favorite oils! Each One of these plays a vital role in my day! I love all the oils, But these are my FAVORITES! What Questions can I answer for you!?
So, who else has multiple wax warmers around their house?
Most of the fragrance/perfume smells would make me queasy, but there were a few that I loved and before I found diffusers I would have my warmers going to kill that musty wet dog smell!
So, now that I know that the word fragrance can have millions of cancer causing toxins I have not been using my warmers and they are sitting there begging for some love!
My solution: Another Essential Stiles DIY!
Christmas Joy SCENTED WAX MELTS
Time: 5–10 minutes active; 2–3 hours inactive
INGREDIENTS AND MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Melt together the coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler on the stove, stirring frequently. Once completely liquid, remove from heat.
- Stir in the essential oil using a bamboo skewer.
- Pour mixture into molds (I use cupcake tins), and then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled and solidified, you can remove the wax melts from the molds and use them in your candle warmers.
The season is finally here, FALL! The days get shorter and those sweet children afraid of the dark are back to square one trying to fight off the monsters of the night. I have to admit, I am still terrified to take the garbage out at night ever since my brother pretended to be a zombie, jumping out of the bushes to chase me, without breaking character.
I cannot prevent my children from playing tricks on each other, but I can use all the tools around my house to help bedtime be smooth and easy! So, new nighttime routine. Check the closets, drawers, behind the curtains. Spray the monster repellent around the room and finish off with a prayer. You can decorate the bottle as a fun craft and as a way to get your child involved and take ownership of their fears!
The recipe for today is a Monster Repellent Spray!
2oz bottle (glass preferred)
5 drops Lavender
5 drops Cedarwood
5 drops Bergamot
1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol
Top off with water.
Spray as needed around room or house to ward off monsters*
You can Also just diffuse this blend to help children calm down and sleep at night. According to this study “lavender serves as a mild sedative and has practical applications as a novel, nonphotic method for promoting deep sleep in young men and women and for producing gender-dependent sleep effects”.
As Well as this study supporting the use of Bergamot and lavender ” 94% of patients reported that they did use their aromastick to help them sleep and 92% reported that they would continue to do so. An improvement of at least one point on a Likert scale measuring sleep quality was shown by 64% of patients following the use of an aromastick.”
And this Study supports the use of Cedarwood as a sedative “he above findings indicate that cedrol inhalation had marked sedative effects regardless of the animal species”
Make sure you stop by the Gig Harbor Trunk or Treat if you want to get your hands on a bottle of Monster repellent with a special edition Custom Label made by Sarah at Simple Scripts Co.
*does not actually repel real life monsters 😜
Diffusing for all things today. What do you need? Tell me what you want to learn more about!?
LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL!!!! This oil is one of the forgotten wonders of the Essential Oil world! I have put in bold my favorite uses of lemongrass. We mix it in with our dogs shampoos and It is an ingredient in my shampoo, body wash and home made deodorant. I will include Recipes below. We have 6 diffusers in the house, Lemongrass, lavender and wild orange in our bedroom in the evening before bed is another on of my favorite diffuser blends. (There is that wild orange again!)
Research has been started and there is promising evidence that shows Lemongrass Essential oil as an effective anti fungal and Anti Inflammatory for skin conditions. Why not give it a try before using harmful toxic chemicals?!
A list of the Top Eleven Uses for Lemongrass Essential Oil:
1. Lemongrass has wonderful skin regeneration properties. It can be added to shampoos, conditioners, deodorants and lotions.
2. To help soothe sore joints or muscles. Combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut oil (or another carrier oil) and Lemongrass and rub topically on the area of concern. (Add Frankincense and Marjoram for a more powerful combination!)
3. It is a natural bug repellent for insects like mosquitoes and ants. It can be sprayed, diluted in a carrier oil, directly on the skin. It can even be used to control fleas; add about 5 drops to water and create your own spray to protect your pet’s coat.
4. It supports healthy thyroid function. Mix 1 drop with a carrier oil and apply topically over your neck area daily.
5. It can be used in your household products. Try putting a few drops on a dust cloth and then wipe down the wood in your house.
6. It is a natural insect repellent and pest control. Rub or spritz some lemongrass on your skin before going outside.
7. It can be used to detoxify your body. Make your own detoxifying lemongrass tea by adding 2-3 drops to your favorite tea or add to an empty veggie capsule.
8. You can make a refreshing foot bath by adding 2 drops of Lemongrass Oil and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts to warm water, and soak your feet for 10 minutes.
9. Lemongrass oil is a valuable oil to use in aromatherapy. Its clean and calming aroma can reduce sad and anxious feelings, relieve restlessness and occasional sleeplessness, and helps you to relax. Try adding 3-4 drops to your diffuser and diffuse for one hour before bedtime.
10. Great for cleansing and purifying the air of pathogens and negativity energies.
11. Ditch the toxic dryer sheets and Apply to wool dryer balls and add to the the dryer for a clean refreshing scent.
Mix 5 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1/4 cup baking soda, 10 drops Melaleuca, 7 drops of Lemongrass and 5 drops of Serenity. Store in air tight container.
Have you wanted to start using oils but are not quite sure about where to start or how to safely use them with your kiddos? This kids roller ball kit is a great place to start. You will have what you need on hand for most of your daily challenges.
HAPPY EARS- Basil, Lavender + Melaleuca
HAPPY NOSE- Lavender, Lemon + Peppermint
HEALTHY KIDDO- Cinnamon, Clove, Wild Orange + Thyme
This blend is very similar to the DoTerra On guard which has been studied and shown to kill bacteria and boost kiddos immune systems!
- Supports healthy immune and respiratory function*
- Protects against environmental threats*
- Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses*
- Promotes healthy circulation*
- Energizing and uplifting aroma
HOMEWORK HELPER- Black Pepper, Grapefruit, Lime, Peppermint + Rosemary
I have two dogs. They are polar opposites. One is small, nervous and loud. The other is giant, clumsy and dorky. The one thing they do have in common is they both smell like nasty dirty wet dog…all the time…
PURE good QUALITY essential oils are safe for dogs. I am sure that if you have been around essential oils long enough you will see some post about how essential oils killed someones pet. I warn you of this because inexpensive cheap oils are diluted with alcohol or other fillers that may be harmful. Also note the many toxic “fragrances” noted in the articles. DoTerra oils are completely safe for aromatic or topical use for pets.
Do not let your pet ingest oils.
Please use the same dilution on a pet as you would a baby. If a dog does not like a scent he will tell you by leaving the room.
The following spray can be sprayed on the dogs bed, in their kennel, the carpet or directly on their fur.
As a side note their paw pads are the most absorbent part of their body.
Here is an awesome recipe to get rid of that stench! As a nice benefit it will calm the dogs down too!
After a week covering orange oil I suspect you are wondering why you don’t have it as a staple in your home yet so I reccomend following this link to purchase it.
If you want to save 25% then make a wholesale account (like Costco) and use my doterra number ID: 5687294
Have fun spraying that dog smell goodbye!
DIY NON-TOXIC PET ODOR ELIMINATOR SPRAY
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
2 Cups Distilled Water
30 Drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Measure baking soda into a bowl and add the wild orange essential oil drops.
- Mix the essential oil into baking soda using a fork
- Add mixture to spray bottle and fill the remainder of bottle with water
- Shake and spray
I am just gonna add this little tidbit right here as a beautiful CYA
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Challenge for the weekend: Check out this post.
1)Try the HIIT workout Saturday with out using essential oils .
2)Try it again Sunday with the diffuser going using this blend, something that gets you motivated or with the oils you have on hand.
3)Tell me what you experience!
3)Tell me how you see using Oils in your life
4) Get a free oil sample mailed or hand delivered that supports your personal goals!
Comment on this post or Email me once completed or if you have questions at Melissa.Stiles@essentialstiles.com
I love when I am downstairs and I remember that there is something that I need upstairs. I have a burning sense of urgency to run upstairs and grab it because I need it RIGHT NOW! Then I get up the 16 steps and have completely forgotten what I was needing. I like to then go into my check list, what was I doing when I needed it, What room was I going to, What was I planning on doing next and so on.
I have worked in Skilled Nursing facilities where I have had the pleasure of working with patients from mild to severe dementia. They always would tell me that it started off in the beginning of them forgetting little things. So now when I forget, I start to worry that I am loosing my mind.
There is a history of dementia in my family. Nothing to severe, but I make sure to keep my mind sharp and flex my brain muscles every chance I get.
So today, as I was flexing my brain muscles about Orange Oil I cam across this Gem of an article about the effects of aromatherapy on cognitive function! The conclusion was this “Aromatherapy may have some potential for improving cognitive function, especially in AD (Alzheimer’s Disease) patients”! I would say that this is some promising research and I am looking forward to continued study of aromatherapy and the brain. Also, one of the important highlights from this study is the before and after labs to show the oils are SAFE for use and there were “no side effects associated with the study”!
If you feel you are becoming more forgetful maybe it is time to set an alarm on your phone to start diffusing some Orange Oil daily! Try this blend! It will help keep you focused, motivated and alert! Also check back to my Tale of Wild Orange blog for a refresher on the wonders of orange oil with decreasing cortisol (stress hormones) to get the most out of our workout!
Also recommend to help ward off signs of dementia is high intensity interval training (HIIT). Wild orange and peppermint is an awesome blend to diffuse or apply to pulse points during exercise to get the most out of your workout. Try this workout, If you make it through one round and you are feeling good with continued quality movement then try round two!