Thank goodness for Paw protector. Our sweet Little Hugo cut his paw on some Icy snow today leaving crime scene looking blood prints all over the deck! Luckily I have some paw wax to slather on his paw and he was good to go.
Not only do we need to protect our babies from the chapped cold, Many common deicers are dangerous for dogs, and can irritate their paws and even cause serious illness if ingested. This wax prevents the dogs from absorbing deicer into their bodies and you can wipe and re apply when heading in and out of the house. It is also safe for them to lick. Scared of essential oils or just do not have them on hand? It is not required to make this recipe and you can still keep your doggies paws safe. Lavender Essential oil helps heal their paws and keep the skin soft and smooth as well as calms those puppies down making it an added benefit.
Let me know if you give it a try!
Calming Paw Protector:
- 2 oz. (approx. 2 tbsp.) olive , sunflower, or sweet almond oil
- 2 oz. (approx. 2 tbsp.) Coconut Oil
- 1 oz. (approx. 1 tbsp.) Shea Butter
- 4 tsp. Beeswax Pellets
- Lavender Essential Oil
- 2oz tins or Mason Jar lids (Baby Food lids work too!)
Paw Wax Instructions
- In a small pot – or double boiler – over low heat melt the oils, Shea butter, and beeswax. Stir continuously until all is melted and well blended.
- Pour the mixture into tins.
- Let them cool on the counter until hard.
- Cap and label.
- Keep away from extreme heat.
- Use within 1-2 years.