Tis the season for DRY CRACKED SKIN!!!! It is the WORST! I am in the pool for the majority of my work day which already dries out my skin and then it is followed by the cold dry air of winter as a double whammy. Thank goodness for this wonderful Essential Oil DIY recipe that has been able to moisturize and sooth my skin. I used Lavender which has been shown to help with wound healing in Rats and Frankincense is shown to help with tissue remodeling which makes them great oils for healthy skin.
DIY Whipped Body Butter
- ¼ cup Shea butter
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil (not FCO)
- ¼ cup grape seed oil (or other light oil on hand)
- 10-20 drops of essential oil (Lavender and frankincense really helped my skin)
- Combine all ingredients, except the essential oils, in a small pot or double boiler.
- Gently melt and stir over medium-low heat until the mixture is liquid.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to partially set up. (you can place in the fridge or freezer to speed this process) We put it in the cold garage as to not take up precious refrigerator space!
- Once the mixture is partially set, add the essential oils of your choice, and whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer until the body butter is fluffy and stiff peaks have formed.
- Spoon into a jar and apply anywhere on the body. Or, gift as a gift!
Let me know how it turns out in the comments below!