LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL!!!! This oil is one of the forgotten wonders of the Essential Oil world! I have put in bold my favorite uses of lemongrass. We mix it in with our dogs shampoos and It is an ingredient in my shampoo, body wash and home made deodorant. I will include Recipes below. We have 6 diffusers in the house, Lemongrass, lavender and wild orange in our bedroom in the evening before bed is another on of my favorite diffuser blends. (There is that wild orange again!)
Research has been started and there is promising evidence that shows Lemongrass Essential oil as an effective anti fungal and Anti Inflammatory for skin conditions. Why not give it a try before using harmful toxic chemicals?!
A list of the Top Eleven Uses for Lemongrass Essential Oil:
1. Lemongrass has wonderful skin regeneration properties. It can be added to shampoos, conditioners, deodorants and lotions.
2. To help soothe sore joints or muscles. Combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut oil (or another carrier oil) and Lemongrass and rub topically on the area of concern. (Add Frankincense and Marjoram for a more powerful combination!)
3. It is a natural bug repellent for insects like mosquitoes and ants. It can be sprayed, diluted in a carrier oil, directly on the skin. It can even be used to control fleas; add about 5 drops to water and create your own spray to protect your pet’s coat.
4. It supports healthy thyroid function. Mix 1 drop with a carrier oil and apply topically over your neck area daily.
5. It can be used in your household products. Try putting a few drops on a dust cloth and then wipe down the wood in your house.
6. It is a natural insect repellent and pest control. Rub or spritz some lemongrass on your skin before going outside.
7. It can be used to detoxify your body. Make your own detoxifying lemongrass tea by adding 2-3 drops to your favorite tea or add to an empty veggie capsule.
8. You can make a refreshing foot bath by adding 2 drops of Lemongrass Oil and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts to warm water, and soak your feet for 10 minutes.
9. Lemongrass oil is a valuable oil to use in aromatherapy. Its clean and calming aroma can reduce sad and anxious feelings, relieve restlessness and occasional sleeplessness, and helps you to relax. Try adding 3-4 drops to your diffuser and diffuse for one hour before bedtime.
10. Great for cleansing and purifying the air of pathogens and negativity energies.
11. Ditch the toxic dryer sheets and Apply to wool dryer balls and add to the the dryer for a clean refreshing scent.
Mix 5 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1/4 cup baking soda, 10 drops Melaleuca, 7 drops of Lemongrass and 5 drops of Serenity. Store in air tight container.