We had a very busy day, had a doctors appointment, went to daddy’s work, went to the zoo to see the walruses eat, took a nap and then drove to get a new trash compactor to replace the one that broke. The kids (and mommy) are a little on edge and now we are home it is time to start winding down.
New trash compactor is installed and dinner is in the oven. This is the diffuser blend I picked this evening.
Hawaiian Sandalwood is a household favorite for many reasons. It is very versatile and calming.
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream for smooth, glowing skin.
- Add 1–2 drops inhaled or diffused according to this article there is some support that it may help decrease anxiety relaxation and reduce stress.
- Diffuse Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil throughout the room before and during yoga.
- Place 1 drop in the palms of your hands, rub together, and cup over the nose and mouth while you breathe to clear confusion.
There is also Indian Sandalwood: which is similar in chemical makeup that has been shown to reduce acne in 89% of participants in a dermatology study. It has also been shown to be useful in fighting antibiotic resistant infections, been shown to be an effective anti inflammatory and been shown to decrease tumor size in mice. Very cool research!!!! I would check out the article linked above but IT IS SO COOL I will link it again.
Indian Sandalwood has a higher concentration of alpha santalol than Hawaiian Sandalwood which is the most studied property of the oils. There is not a lot of research about beta santalol at this time. Due to its awesome properties of Indian sandalwood there has been non sustainable sourcing happening. Hawaiian sandalwood grows faster and is more sustainable, has a sweeter spicy scent and is much more environmentally friendly at this time.
This week my hope is to make you guys a list of the individual oils that can help calm us down and what makes them different. We will see where the week takes us but so far that is my plan!